Photobucket        Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Monday, August 13, 2012

Pinned It, Did It Monday! {baby gifts}

pinned itWelcome back to Pinned It, Did It Monday where I challenge myself to actually do some of the ideas I pin on Pinterest.  This past week, I sent off a baby gift to a friend in Indiana and I was so happy with how it turned out!  I’ve been wanting to try out these pins for awhile.pin #1 Picture I Pinned:
Source: Appliquéd Tie Onesie from Crap I’ve Made
My pictures:IMG_7375My review:  Now I’ve done a few tie onesies, but this link is nice because she has a printable for the tie so you don’t have to hunt one down.  Once I iron on my tie, I usually hand stitch around it for durability.  But I challenged myself and used my sewing machine to do it this time.  It took a little figuring out, but the tutorial gives you a great suggestion for sewing around the tie in one continues stitch.  So cute for a new little guy!pin #2Picture I pinned:
Source: Quilted Patchwork Bib Pattern and Tutorial from Sew She Sews 
My Picture:IMG_7377My Review: Such an adorable and simple little bib to sew.  I bought a cheapy towel from Wal-Mart to add to the back of the bib for extra absorbency.  She had the pattern for you to download and great instructions.  Watch for a few more bibs being made with this pattern.  I have lots of baby showers coming up! :)
And since I had a little extra fabric, I just backed a long rectangle with more towel for a burp cloth.  It was too perfect that this little man’s initials are BRP (burp, get it?!).  I can’t wait to find out what those initials stand for. IMG_7378Here’s the complete set:IMG_7379And she also requested a chunky blue/gray hat.  I thought he might need a little scarf to go with it as well.IMG_7381Happy (belated) baby shower Lindsey!  I can’t wait to meet your little man!
blog-signature-1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...